Re: Status of persistent search in OpenLDAP

--On Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:54 PM +0200 ClÃment OUDOT <clem.oudot@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I tried to know if the persistent search control (OID
2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.3) was supported in OpenLDAP. The latests
messages I read were saying "no", as we can see in this discussion:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201008/msg00246.html

But this blog entry is saying this control was introduced in OpenLDAP
2.2: http://www.connexitor.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=112

So can you confirm that OpenLDAP 2.4 does not support persistent
search control? Is this feature planned?

A quick grep through the source would to me indicate that it is not supported, since the only occurrence of it is where it is defined in ldap.h. I.e., no code taking action on it.

quanah@zre-ldap001:~/src/openldap/openldap-2-4$ find . -name "*" | xargs grep LDAP_CONTROL_PERSIST_REQUEST ./include/ldap.h:#define LDAP_CONTROL_PERSIST_REQUEST "2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.3"

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.