Re: N-way multi master configuration issue

On Friday, 26 August 2011 15:28:13 Naga Chaitanya Palle wrote:
> Hi buchan,
>
> My server 1 is uplite98.comverse-in.com. In its slapd.conf, I have syncrepl
> pointing to server 2 devonly144.comverse-in.com and vice versa for
> server2.

Then your serverid (and, it should actually be serverId) is wrong:

> > serverid        124       ldap://devonly144.comverse-in.com
> > syncrepl rid=124
> >
> >                 provider=ldap://devonly144.comverse-in.com:389

The URI form of serverId is useful if you have the same configuration on all
your masters, in which case the listening address of your server must match
one of the URIs. You may want to use this form for now:

serverId 1

If your serverId's weren't correct (check the contextCSNs), you should
probably re-import an export of one server on the other one.

> I did not exactly understand what you indicated.
> Can you please be more specific about what changes needs to be done in the
> slapd.conf file?

In a multi-master setup, each server should be replicating off *all* servers,
including itself.