Re: DIT structure advice

Oliver,

Olivier schrieb:
Dmitriy Kirhlarov <dimma@higis.ru>:
What a reason for split user account data to two objects?

Good question, thanks Dimitry !

Here is the problem I had when I tried to merge all info in the same object :

$ ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=fr" -w secret -H
ldap://ldap-master1example.fr -f person.ldif

adding new entry "uid=olivier,ou=staff,ou=people,dc=example,dc=fr"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
       additional info: invalid structural object class chain
(inetOrgPerson/account)
acount and inetorgperson are both structural, so you cannot use them in one object. If you need the attribute host in your object and you do not find an appropriate auxiliary object class, then build a schema with your own object class yourself.

Marc