migrating contents from openldap-2.1 to openldap-2.3.37

All,

I've currently been tasked with migrating the contents of a contained
ldap environment running openldap-2.1 to a new development server
running sles11 with openldap-2.3.37.  I've begun to populate the new
environment, but have hit an "Invalid DN syntax" error that I'm not
quite sure how to get around yet.  I'm new to ldap from a server point
of view, so I'm learning as I chug through this.

This piece is what's in the existing 2.1:

dn: group-name=EDI Technician,ou=group,ou=edi,dc=coat,dc=com
objectClass: group-roles
group-name: EDI Technician
roles: EDI Technician

And when I go to add:
ldapadd -x -W -D "cn=edi_admin,ou=edi,dc=coat,dc=com" -f ./edi-tech_roles.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "group-name=EDI Technician,ou=group,ou=edi,dc=coat,dc=com"
ldap_add: Invalid DN syntax (34)
        additional info: invalid DN

Is it the "group-name" that's no longer valid syntax?  If so, is there
an equivalent?

Any help is appreciated!
Mike