Re: Server Hangs

--On Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:51 PM -0700 David Engeset <davidke@whidbey.net> wrote:

     Below is how I generally configure BDB and OpenLDAP for normal
operational use.
     I configured BDB with no parameters for all versions from 4.2 to
5.1, so I ran:

../dist/configure
make&&  make install

For building BDB on *nix systems, you should specify:

--enable-posixmutexes --with-mutex=POSIX/pthreads

     For the debugging I did the following for BDB:

env CFLAGS=-O2 ../dist/configure --enable-debug

You need to use "-g" as I stated previously.

CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fPIC" are the flags I pass to BDB. What we are looking for is the gcc debugging symbols. The --enable-debug flag looks like it does some internal debugging stuff in the BDB code which isn't really what we're asking for.

make&&  make install

     For OpenLDAP:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"
env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include" CFLAGS="-g -O0" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib" ./configure --enable-wrappers \
--enable-crypt --with-cyrus-sasl --with-tls --enable-debug
make depend&&  make&&  make install STRIP=''

This looks good.

Can you please re-generate your stack trace with a correctly build BDB behind openldap?

Thanks!

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.