From: Dan White [mailto:dwhite@olp.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:04 PM
To: Naga Chaitanya Palle
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: TLS issue

On 04/08/11 19:53 +0530, Naga Chaitanya Palle wrote:
>I am trying to configure tls for my ldap server.
>After successfully creating the below files, I try to start the ldap server and it fails.
>
>/etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem
>/etc/openldap/cacerts/slapd-cert.pem
>/etc/openldap/cacerts/slapd-key.pem
>
>The log shows the below messages
>
>main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
>slapd stopped.
>connections_destroy: nothing to destry.

What command line options are you passing to slapd? What version? What ssl
library is your slapd linked against?

Do you get any helping information while starting slapd in debug mode '-d
-1'?

>Slapd.conf
>
>TLSCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv2
>TLSCACertificateFile /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem
>TLSCertificateFile /etc/openldap/cacerts/slapd-cert.pem
>TLSCertificateKeyFile /etc/openldap/cacerts/slapd-key.pem

Does your openldap user/group have read access to all three files?
Does commenting out your 'TLSCipherSuite' option make any difference?

--
Dan White

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.