ppolicy overlay and pwdreset attribute question

I use OpenLDAP 2.4.24 with the following default password policy,
because I
want my users to change their password at first connection,
or after a password reset by an administrator:

dn: cn=default,ou=policies,dc=company
cn: default
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: pwdPolicy
pwdAllowUserChange: TRUE
pwdAttribute: userPassword
pwdCheckQuality: 2
pwdExpireWarning: 0
pwdFailureCountInterval: 0
pwdGraceAuthNLimit: 0
pwdInHistory: 0
pwdMaxAge: 0
pwdMaxFailure: 0
pwdMinAge: 0
pwdMinLength: 8
pwdMustChange: TRUE
pwdSafeModify: FALSE
sn: policy

When creating a user account (either as administrator or any user with sufficient rights),
the pwdReset attribute is not set automatically, and thus, the newly created user can bind
and search without being forced to change his password.

I have to manually set the pwdReset attribute to TRUE in the user entry at creation time or
after creation to force a password change. Is this normal behaviour ?
I would have expected
to see the pwdReset attribute automatically set (by the ppolicy overlay).
Otherwise, setting pwdMustChange to TRUE in the password policy definition looks unuseful.

On the contrary, when the user changes his password, the pwdReset attribute is automatically removed,
which tends to mean the password policy overlay is called and does something in this case ..