issue regarding ldap apache authentication in public_html/*

hi

I need a little help. I am implementing LDAP services in my college.
The apache LDAP authentication works fine with any directory viz.

/var/www/*/*

/home/username/

but it doesn't works with

/home/username/public_html/anyfolder/

i.e with a subfolder in public_html.

The issue is whenever i write the lines in http.conf the folder stops appearing in the browser.
i dont see the folder when i browse
http://localhost/~username/foldername

i don't see the folder in browser.

lines in http.conf file

 <Directory /home/vikasmarwaha/public_html/private/>
  Authtype Basic
  AuthName "Secured Area : Vikas Marwaha's Page : Secured with LDAP :  Authorized personal only"
  AuthBasicProvider ldap
  AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
  AuthLDAPURL "ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?uid?"
  require ldap-user vikasmarwaha
</Directory>

Please tell me where am i wrong.!

this one works perfect..

<Directory /home/vikasmarwaha/>
  Authtype Basic
  AuthName "Secured Area : Vikas Marwaha's Page : Secured with LDAP :  Authorized personal only"
  AuthBasicProvider ldap
  AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
  AuthLDAPURL "ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?uid?"
  require ldap-user vikasmarwaha
</Directory>

but it doesn't satisfies my requirements. Need to secure the subfolder(under public_html  -- user's web space.) not the whole user directory.

--
Vikas Marwaha
http://vikasmarwaha.co.cc

Sent via HP Touchsmart powered by Backtrack 5 Linux
Technology of Future.