Re: Setup syncrepl on Redhat Fedora

On 06/08/2011 08:42 AM, Jan Vcelak wrote:
Ordinarily I would flame you to bits, but we just went thru this a
couple
months ago. Read this thread
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201104/msg00265.html
and
consider yourself flamed.

I know that it is not recommended and I feel ashamed. ;-) But is it
possible to use slapadd to update one entry by adding an attribute?

You should use slapmodify(8).

p.

By
default, there is nor olcRootPW or any other granting olcAccess set
for cn=config database in Fedora.

dn: olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcSyncrepl
olcSyncrepl: rid=100 provider=ldaps://foo searchbase=dc=foo,dc=my-domain,dc=com

slapadding this LDIF did't work for me. When I set olcRootPW, ldapadd
works.

Thank you.

Jan