Re: Proper values for threads and tool-threads

--On Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:55 PM -0500 Mark <mah042@gmail.com> wrote:

Does IIRC mean If I Remember Correctly?

Yes.

Each machine has 4 physical CPUs. Each CPU has 6 cores.
(http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=46491) So that's 24 real cores,
correct?. So if I'm understanding you're suggestion:

tool-threads = 24
threads <= 96

If I set threads above 32 I get the warning mentioned earlier (I assume
YMMV means: Your Mileage May Vary). Should I be concerned?

Thank you for replying on a weekend.

Not necessarily. ;) I would suggest trying something like SLAMD to really generate a solid profile. That warning, however, existed before such numerous cores per CPU were generally available.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.