Re: Suitability of LDAP as DNS backend - PowerDNS LDAP backend moving to unmaintained status

On 12/5/2011 10:58 ÏÎ, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

I might be able to help here. We use:

include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/dlz.schema

Thanks Jorgen, but in fact I would like to know the bind dlz configuration when using the *dNSzone* schema and not the dlz one.

I haven't been able to find any script to generate dlz-compatibe ldif from zone (text) data either, nor any converter script of entries from sdb to dlz schema.

Converting between dnsdomain2 (pdns) and dnszone (bind-sdb) schema is not complex. However dlz schema is significantly different from both.

Nick