Password Modify Extended Operation Tool

I searched and did not find a suitable answer, so I am
posting.  Somehow I feel there is an answer, but it has
eluded me.

I have RHEL5 with openldap with the ppolicy module.
I wish to have a script or web cgi which I can have
the users access to change their password and have them
obey the ppolicy restrictions.  I have not been able
to find a suitable tool which  will provide feedback
regarding their selection requirements and errors.
If there is one, please point me in the right direction.

regards
Shelley