Re: Suitability of LDAP as DNS backend - PowerDNS LDAP backend moving to unmaintained status

On 4/5/2011 8:24 ÏÎ, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

All DNS records are instantly updated, including DynDNS service. No restarts ever required. We are very happy with this setup.

Thanks for this post. It is important to exchange experience with such technologies.

We are using the same setup (at a smaller scale, because we are just a Research Center and serve our own needs), but with PowerDNS/LDAP backend.

I would find it interesting if you could also provide info on:
    1. How do you administer your DNS zones/RRs ?
    2. Which OS are you using on your servers?
3. Which ldap / BIND9 packages are you using? (Or you compile from source?)
    4. Do you use DNSSEC with this setup?

By the way, I find it a bit strange that you are having problems with syncrepl. We haven't got such problems (when we configure consumers to regularly attempt to reconnect to the provider in case they lose connection).

Best Regards,
Nick