Re: Recover User Password?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Christ Schlacta <lists@aarcane.org> wrote:
> On 4/28/2011 17:27, Alberto Moreno wrote:
>>
>> Â Hi.
>>
>> Â I had been using samba with openldap as a backend.
>>
>> Â But I had never need to recover a user password from LDAP.
>>
>> Â Exist a way to recover user passwords?
>>
>> Â Ldap running on Centos 5.5 2.3.43.x
>> Â Samba 3.3.x
>> Â DB: dbd.
>>
>> Â Thanks!!!
>>
> if it's stored in plaintext, just view it. Âotherwise, you need to subject
> the password to brute force or standard cracking techniques. ÂNT/LM hashes
> are particularly susceptible to attack.

   If u open the ldif file u cannot see the password as plain, because
ldap server us a password-hash setting that save the password in that
format.

Is the first time I have to recover this, exist a tool to do a "brute
force" to ldap db that someone here had use before?

 Thanks!!!

--
LIving the dream...