Re: Problem regarding OpenLdap installation and Berkeley DB

Hi,
OpenLDAP is officially supported only with BerkeleyDB versions at
maximum equal to 5.0.x, and this particular version only since 2.4.24.

See http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-announce/201102/msg00000.html

You should try with the latest one available: 2.4.25

Hope this helps
Marco

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Frederick William Borges Pohl
<frederick.pohl@oi.net.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am a new user to Openldap and I´ve been struggling to install on my RedHat
> box for quite some time.
>
> I´ve googled and read past messages from this forum but i´m still unable to
> solve my problem which.
>

> I have installed Berkeley Db db-5.1.25 with success but when I try to
> install openldap, I get the following error:
>

> [root@redqas01 openldap-2.4.23]# ./configure
>
> …
>
> checking db.h usability... yes
>
> checking db.h presence... yes
>
> checking for db.h... yes
>
> checking for Berkeley DB major version in db.h... 5
>
> checking for Berkeley DB minor version in db.h... 1
>
> checking if Berkeley DB version supported by BDB/HDB backends... yes
>
> checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
>
> configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available
>

> Searching this mailing list, I found some information regarding setting the
> LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS for the  BDB installation.
>
> So I did the following commands: (considering that the installation for the
> BDB was in the /usr/local directory)
>

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.1/lib:/usr/local/berkeley/lib"
>
> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.1/lib
> -L/usr/local/berkeley/lib"
>
> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.1/include
> -I/usr/local/berkeley/include"
>

> I checked the /usr/local/lib/ directory and the libdb-5* files are there.
>
> I also checked the /usr/local/include/ and the db.h file is also there.
>

> But I still get the same error message.
>

> Any tips?
>

> Att
>

> Frederick Pohl

Non è forte chi non cade, ma chi cadendo ha la forza di rialzarsi.
                    Jim Morrison