Re: Robustness of replication (was: Deleted DNs, and the great quest.)

--On Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:15 AM +0200 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
My only comment would be, if you want reliable replication, use
delta-syncrepl.

This really strikes me.

1. CHANGES contains a lot of references to fixes made to syncrepl and
delta-syncrepl. And it seems not every issue is resolved yet.

delta-syncrepl has been very solid for me, with the exception of the occasional edge case. The last time there was an edge case encountered was with 2.4.22 (4/24/2010).

2. delta-syncrepl cannot be used with multi-master replication.

This will no be the case in the near future.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.