Re: Installation openLDAP in Debian

On 20/04/2011 17:30, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
Hi!

it no longer uses slapd.conf by default, it uses cn=config .  It is on
/etc/ldap/slapd.d/

Debian will leave you with a working directory (even thought not
optimal, but you will be able to use it).

If you can be more specific on what you want to do, just let us know!
If you are used to configure with slapd.conf, you can actually use
that configuration too, or you can convert your slapd.conf
configuration into cn=config with slaptest (check the docs!).

Ildefonso Camargo

That's the way I'm using it. And I suggest to anyone not needing to modify configurations on the fly to use it that way.

Because apart the missing documentation, I found difficult having to deal with the obscure attribute names and the complex directory structure (and the not so explicative file names used under it) that I found in /etc/ldap/slapd.d/.

I understand the needs for cn=config, but for the moment I don't need it. Having a file with a simple syntax that I can read and modify instead of a tree of LDIF files is far more convenient for me. So I hope that slapd.conf will remain supported.

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi@truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6