Re: slapo-accesslog

--On Monday, April 11, 2011 8:04 AM -0700 Tim Gustafson <tjg@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

There are scripts which parse the normal syslog output
and output statistics. Or simply search the accesslog
database in the given time frame.

Can you point me to such scripts?

As I mentioned in my original e-mail, using the accesslog overlay won't
work for us; it produces too much load (and would only work on the master
server anyhow; the slaves are read-only replicas).  We get upwards of 500
queries/sec during the day, which would mean upwards of 500 writes/sec,
which is too much load for our LDAP server.

<http://prefetch.net/code/ldap-stats.pl.html>

If you give it a log from loglevel 256 (stats logging) in OpenLDAP, it will generate all sorts of useful information for you.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.