Re: fedora and openldap

Judith Flo Gaya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some time dealing with ldap and fedora, I'm stuck with an
> strange behaviour.
> I can successfully change the password for a certain user using the
> ldappasswd command, after this change (either done by the manager of
> the ldap or the same user) I can successfully ssh to the machine
> using this password.
> In this moment if I do slapcat I can see a password with this form:
>
> e01ENX1pMjcvdjYyeEFvNmI4R212YUdQeDZ3PT0=
>
> Instead if I change the password using the password command, I can
> see passwords much longer than the above one, this is what I can see
> after changing the passwd.
> e2NyeXB0fSQxJER1VDNiMEtQJE1GNmQ5UGo4YXhSQXp0RW9VNDVUNDA=

You use different password hash algos:

sh-3.2$ echo e01ENX1pMjcvdjYyeEFvNmI4R212YUdQeDZ3PT0= |base64 -d
{MD5}i27/v62xAo6b8GmvaGPx6w==sh-3.2$

sh-3.2$ echo e2NyeXB0fSQxJER1VDNiMEtQJE1GNmQ5UGo4YXhSQXp0RW9VNDVUNDA= |base64 -d
{crypt}$1$DuT3b0KP$MF6d9Pj8axRAztEoU45T40sh-3.2$

Maybe you should change to {SSHA}.

--
Regards
Harry