Re: RHEL 6 OpenLDAP 2.4.19-15.el6 init problem

Hello Markus,
could you please check your file permissions, I think you converted your slapd.conf  file to slapd.d and havn't fixed the permissions, which should be owned to your "ldap" user and group.
That's why it is working with root when you start the daemon manually.

Bye, Benjamin.