Re: syncrepl binds always fail the first time

--On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:16 AM -0400 Tyler Gates <tgates81@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
   Using version 2.4.24 I have a replication server that periodically
queries the provider for updates via refreshOnly. I've noticed that
once slapd is started, the bind to the replicator DN on the provider
always failed but subsequent do_syncrepl retries succeed. Ideally I'd
like the first bind to succeed so it pulls in all the data instead of
having to wait <retry> seconds. Is this normal behavior or do I have
something mis-configured?

I don't see anything obviously misconfigured. If you can create a small master/replica configuration that results in this behavior and submit an ITS, that'd be helpful (http://www.openldap.org/its).

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc