Re: DSEE to OpenLDAP

Thanks to all of you for the advise.

Howard is correct, when using dsconf to export the DSEE catalog, you get
some "special" SUN-ONLY attributes, which are not supported/formatted
correctly, and therefore cant be imported using slapadd. I read somewhere
about stripping those out before performing the import, although I'm not
sure whether I would actually need the data stored in these attributes...

Using ldapadd sounds like the way to go, although I'm not sure how this
helps me "filter" the special SUN-ONLY attributes... Just ensures I don¹t
feed garbage into my new shiny openldap catalog :)

Bills idea of performing a ldapsearch from the openldap box, and somehow
feeding that to slapadd/ldapadd sounds like a good plan, but not sure
about the best way to get this done...

Will do some more reading, but if anyone has some tips, I'm all ears.

Thanks again,