Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.23 hangs when creating new group objects

--On Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:27 AM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
Hi all,

Having just upgraded our internal LDAP server from Debian Lenny (2.4.16
internal build) to Debian Squeeze (2.4.23), we have started to see
instances where the slapd process hangs and stops responding to all
requests until we kill -9 and restart the process.

Bizarrely enough, we can reproduce this pretty much every time when we
try and create a new LDAP group using the GOsa web administration tool.
Is this a known issue at all? Next time it happens, I'm happy to post a
backtrace if you let me know what output you need from gdb to debug this.

It would be more useful if you can reproduce this on 2.4.24.

Debian's squeeze build of OpenLDAP also contains a patch known to corrupt the database. The first thing you want to do is abandon their build.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.