syncrepl consumer with several providers, is it working?

Hello,

I'm a little bit worried about that mail and the fact that our  setup is getting out of sync sometimes.
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200505/msg00324.html

versions: the providers are all 2.4. The consumer is 2.4.23, some providers 2.4.21 one 2.4.11
And our setup is not stable, we get out of sync, it's a matter of days/weeks. So, is this working? Should we prefer a relay, then replicate from the relay. What is the right solution?
Is there a simple way to force replication whithout deleting the database?
Should I replicate to 4 databases and create refererals, then replicate the whole tree to another consumer?
Thanks in advance for any advice

Dom

Our configuration on the fusion consumer:

database        bdb
suffix      "dc=fr"

syncrepl rid=010
    provider=ldap://ldapmaitre.univ-xx.fr/
    type=refreshAndPersist
    searchbase="dc=univ-xx,dc=fr"
    retry="60 10 300 +"
    scope=sub
    filter="(objectClass=*)"
    attrs="*,modifytimestamp,modifiersName,createTimestamp,creatorsName"
    schemachecking=off
    bindmethod=simple

syncrepl rid=011
    provider=ldap://ldapmaitre.univ-yy.fr/
    type=refreshAndPersist
    searchbase="dc=univ-yy,dc=fr"
    retry="60 10 300 +"
    scope=sub
    filter="(objectClass=*)"
    attrs="*,modifytimestamp,modifiersName,createTimestamp,creatorsName"
    schemachecking=off
    bindmethod=simple

syncrepl rid=012
    provider=ldap://annuaire.univ-zz.fr/
    type=refreshAndPersist
    searchbase="dc=univ-zz,dc=fr"
    retry="60 10 300 +"
    scope=sub
    filter="(objectClass=*)"
    attrs="*,modifytimestamp,modifiersName,createTimestamp,creatorsName"
    schemachecking=off
    bindmethod=simple

syncrepl rid=013
    provider=ldap://annuaire-maitre.univ-ww.fr/
    type=refreshAndPersist
    searchbase="dc=univ-ww,dc=fr"

--
Dominique LALOT