From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of ldap@mm.st
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:46 PM
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: slapcat on bdb

Running RH5 openldap 2.3 with "database bdb" in slapd.conf.  This has
most likely been covered, but I am seeing many conflicting
recommendations on running slapcat while slapd is running.  The man page
states "It is always safe to run slapcat with the slapd-bdb" Which seems
very definitive, but I came across another well know guide that states
that even though the man page states its ok, slapd should be stopped
first before running slapcat.

I'm writing a short backup script to generate nightly ldif output using
slapcat and would rather not shut down slapd in the script.   Since I
have not been running openlap for very long, I was curious if anyone has
had any problems running slapcat while slapd was running.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.