Re: execve problem with back-shell

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 19:49:50 +0000
Andrew Findlay <andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk> wrote:

> Do you have AppArmor or SELinux enabled? A security framework of that
> sort might well prevent slapd from executing other programs.

Hooray! That was it! Either my distro (Ubuntu server) incorporates an
apparmor file automatically withe its openLDAP package, or it's another
sad case of Dueling Sysadmins. Anyway, it's now working just as advertised.

I'm such a Bronze-Age Unix guy I don't even think of things
like apparmor unless I happen to have installed 'em myself.

Many many thanks.

Michael J. Smith
mjs@smithbowen.net