Re: slapd 2.2.24 will not start as non root user

--On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:30 PM +0000 Iain M Conochie <iain@shihad.org> wrote:

Well - I have managed to get 2.4.23 working starting as root and using the
-g and -u options to actually run as user ldap. 2.4.24 was NOT able to do
that giving the error above. Since I have a working version now I am
pretty happy.

However the error that 2.4.24 gives seems bizarre. I can do more testing
on this if you want further info; perhaps slapd is unable to find the user
ldap?

Use slapd -d -1 -u ldap -g ldap

on OpenLDAP 2.4.24, and see what it reports. It should certainly work with 2.4.24 as well as 2.4.23.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.