Re: openldap does not want to write log files?

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Chris Jackson <cjackson@pasco.k12.fl.us> wrote:
> Based on the way he appears to be trying to route log messages syslogd would need the ability to write to the log file in /var/log not the slapd user unless he is using the slapd.conf call to logfile.
>
> A couple of things to look at:
>
> Is there an entry in you slapd.conf for logfile?
>                                                                i.e. logfile /var/log/slapd

      Copying from my original post, this is what I have:

>> and in the slapd.conf file I have
>>
>> loglevel        11560
>> logfile         /var/log/slapd.log

> Try using a a different local4 call in your syslogd.conf.
>                                                        local4.*           /var/log/slapd

      Well, I found out I really can't. It seems the stock solaris
syslog does not like a "*" as the priority. It took me a bit to figure
that one out, but that is why I chose to be explicit. I know I should
just but rsyslog or syslog-ng, but right now I just want to make sure
I can make it talk to the stock syslog before adding more variables to
my mess. =)