Password policy: possible DoS scenario

Hello,

Thanks to everyone having answered me earlier, I've managed to set up
password policy on the OpenLDAP provided in CentOS 5.5 repositories
(current version 2.3.43).

The setup: we have password policy enabled for users accounts in our
intranet. After 5 unsuccessful attempts the account is blocked for short
duration (30 seconds).

Does that mean that anyone now can keep all the accounts blocked most of
the time? Am I right that if anyone enters someone else' incorrect
password 5 times (in the given case), they will block the target account
(regardless of what IP address the attacker was connecting from)?

Narrower question: do password policy module developers plan to take
into account what IPs are used to connect (thus, blocking only access
from specific IPs)?

Thanks.
All the best,
Konstantin