Re: complex characters in UID attribute

Vinay,

Vinay Kalkoti schrieb am 23.02.2011 11:39 Uhr:
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Marc Patermann
<hans.moser@ofd-z.niedersachsen.de> wrote:
Vinay Kalkoti schrieb am 23.02.2011 09:10 Uhr:

I wanted to know what all complex characters can be included for an
UID attribute.

I have the following user names (uid).

Please let me know which which of the following uid's are invalid -

test_user: IT (LOC)
sup_12$
test_user:IT(LOC)
test_user-IT
test_user IT
test_user:IT
test_user(IT)
test_user.IT
test_user/IT
test_user/IT
test_user#IT
test_user*IT
test_user@IT
IMHO from the ldap point of view this is all totally valid. As long as it is
encoded in UTF-8.
According to this
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/dd26/ldap.akbkhome.com/attribute/uid.html
the syntax of uid is Directory String which does not limit you either.

Your application using uid may or may not have stricter rules than that...
> But, the user account with "test_user:IT" is not able to login. I have
> setup an OpenLDAP server and am using OpenLDAP client on SLES
> machines.
>
> SSH or "su - test_user:IT" fails. I see the following logs in
> /var/log/messages file.
"Your application using uid" here is "sshd", check there.

Marc