ldapi:

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 08:37:01AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> I don't get where you're getting this idea from.  I've never been
> required to use ldapi for setting up cn=config.  The requirement of
> using ldapi for cn=config management is something Debian/Ubuntu is
> doing.  Which is why, again, I say this specifically is not
> something to be documented by the OpenLDAP project as a cn=config
> requirement.

OK - forget the link to cn=config - that is just what got me interested
in ldapi: to start with.

The ldapi: transport seems to be almost undocumented. There is a brief
(but useful) mention in ldap.conf(5) but very little elsewhere.

I have found enough hints in the archives to get started, so I will file
some suggestions.

Andrew