Re: Local root browsing for translucent proxy

I though about putting it in a simpler way.

OpenLDAP 2.4.23 with translucent proxy.

I'm able to add/remove/modify attributes locally using the rootdn defined in the server configuration. I'm NOT able to browse or perform searches using those same credentials. I always get 0 entries. I am however able to perform searches and browse the tree if i bind anonymously or if i bind with one of the LDAP users accounts.

Is this behaviour to be expected? Is there any way to use a single pair of credentials and be able to add/delete/modify/browse/search ?

the database definition is as follows:

--- snip ---

database        hdb
suffix              "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn            cn=loadmin,dc=example,dc=com
rootpw           secret
directory        "/var/lib/ldap"
lastmod         on

access to attrs=userPassword,sambaNTPassword,krb5Key
                by dn.exact="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
                by dn.exact="cn=loadmin,dc=example,dc=com" write
                by dn.exact="cn=reader,dc=example,dc=com" read
                by self read
                by anonymous auth
                by * none

access to *
                by dn.exact="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
                by dn.exact="cn=loadmin,dc=example,dc=com" write
                by * read

index    sambaSID,sambaPrimaryGroupSID eq

overlay translucent
uri "ldap://ldapbackend.example.com";
acl-bind binddn="cn=reader,dc=example,dc=com" credentials="secret"
translucent_strict
translucent_remote    objectClass
translucent_local        sambaSID,sambaPrimaryGroupSID,sambaAcctFlags
overlay glue

--- snip ---

Best Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro@fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307
Web      : http://hmonteiro.net

Divisão de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.fct.unl.pt                apoio@fct.unl.pt

fct.unl.pt:~# _