Re: ldap auth does not works after openldap upgrade

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:37:59AM -0200, Leonardo Carneiro wrote:

> fileserver:/var/log# ldapsearch -h 127.0.0.1 -x -b dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br
> '(objectclass=*)'
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br> with scope subtree
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object

> But binding it to a root cn did work:
>
> fileserver:/var/log# ldapsearch -h 127.0.0.1 -x -b dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br
> '(objectclass=*)' -D "cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br" -w [passwd]

I am a bit worried about the order of parameters there. The filter
'(objectclass=*)' should be at the end.

> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br> with scope subtree
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # dominio.com.br
> dn: dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br
> dc: dominio

Aha! How many entries did that search return? Was is about the same
number that you would expect given your users and groups?

> > If you see lots of data then there is probably nothing wrong
> > with the LDAP server at all.

Maybe it is just access-control that is not doing what you expect.

> I have a backup from the very last moment before the upgrade, i'll use it
> and post the results here.

Wait a bit. The data may well be OK.

If the root-dn search returned the right number of entries then your
problem is access-control, not database.

Did you previously have the LDAP server set up to refuse data to
anonymous users?

Andrew