RE : Logging to syslog

Title: RE : Logging to syslog

>On 2/2/2011 8:13 PM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>> Am Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:43:27 +0100
>> schrieb John Espiro <john_espiro@yahoo.com>:
>>
>>> I have tied in a few things such as openid-ldap and openfire to use my
>>> ldap backend for authentication.  I am wondering if it is possible to
>>> collect error logs for any invalid attempt that a user tries with
>>> these various applications.  Rather than handling it at the
>>> application level, can I get openldap to log these events?  If so,
>>> can someone point me to a link that explains it?
>> OpenLDAP logs to local4, thus you may configure syslog to print slapd
>> logs to a particular logfile. Next set a decent loglevel, stats or acl,
>> grep slapd.log for err=49
>>
>> -Dieter
>Thanks for this, it makes sense.  Where do I put the loglevel paramter?
>I don't have a slapd.conf, but I do have /etc/ldap.conf -- but putting
>it in there doesn't seem to have any effect.

John

You have to configure syslog.conf file, most of the times is located in /etc

There, you have to add line something like that (just an example):

local4.*                                        -/var/log/my_ldap_erros.log

Then reload syslog process

Manuel R.H.

Correo protegido por La Poste (INSYS S.A. de C.V)