From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Wed Feb 02 12:48:00 2011
Subject: Re: Logging to syslog

On 2/2/2011 8:13 PM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> Am Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:43:27 +0100
> schrieb John Espiro <john_espiro@yahoo.com>:
>
>> I have tied in a few things such as openid-ldap and openfire to use my
>> ldap backend for authentication.  I am wondering if it is possible to
>> collect error logs for any invalid attempt that a user tries with
>> these various applications.  Rather than handling it at the
>> application level, can I get openldap to log these events?  If so,
>> can someone point me to a link that explains it?
> OpenLDAP logs to local4, thus you may configure syslog to print slapd
> logs to a particular logfile. Next set a decent loglevel, stats or acl,
> grep slapd.log for err=49
>
> -Dieter
Thanks for this, it makes sense.  Where do I put the loglevel paramter?
I don't have a slapd.conf, but I do have /etc/ldap.conf -- but putting
it in there doesn't seem to have any effect.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.