From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Cc: Dan White <dwhite@olp.net>
Sent: Mon Jan 31 00:15:26 2011
Subject: Re: Authentication for on the fly configuration updates in OpenLDAP    2.4

On Friday, 28 January 2011 22:51:05 Dan White wrote:

> I suppose the correct approach would be for the package to offer to
> configure a rootdn and rootpw for the config backend on installation,
> however, since the package that will be released with squeeze will probably
> not have those options, it's inevitable that the OP's question is going to
> be posted here a lot, and generally annoy list members.

But questions specific to one distribution's default OpenLDAP configuration
really should be asked and answered on that distributions support fora
(documentation, mailing lists, web forum etc.).

Regards,
Buchan

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.