Re: Authentication for on the fly configuration updates in OpenLDAP 2.4

On 01/28/2011 10:51 PM, Dan White wrote:
> I suppose the correct approach would be for the package to offer to
> configure a rootdn and rootpw for the config backend on installation,
> however, since the package that will be released with squeeze will probably
> not have those options, it's inevitable that the OP's question is going to
> be posted here a lot, and generally annoy list members.

As there was no slapd.conf ("old" way) config file, I found the easiest
way was to add a olcRootPW option to the olcDatabase={0}config file
(password generated using slappasswd) and then restarting the server.

I understood Pierangelo's point that manually editing these files is
discouraged, but I didn't find a better way.

Razvan