Re: MemberOf attribute not being returned

Warning duly noted. Lessing the files in question seemed like the best way of providing a concise description of what configuration I had and where in the config it lay.
As it stands I answered my question anyway.

Kind regards,

Mark

On 27 Jan 2011, at 12:16, Howard Chu wrote:

> Mark Cairney wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm sure this was working in the past on this server but Im now not getting anything returned when I request the memberOf attribute.
>>
>> I compiled OpenLDAP 2.4.23 with the following flags:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/authz --enable-meta --enable-ldap --enable-bdb --enable-monitor --enable-syncprov --enable-translucent --enable-memberof --enable-dyngroup --enable-dynlist --with-threads --with-tls --with-cyrus-sasl --enable-syslog --enable-spasswd cd  make depend make make test make install
>>
>> I'm using slapd.d and I have the following in /usr/local/authz/etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config/olcDatabase={1}bdb
>>
>> olcOverlay={0}dynlist.ldif
>> olcOverlay={1}memberof.ldif
>> olcOverlay={2}syncprov.ldif
>>
>> The contents of olcOverlay\=\{1\}memberof.ldif are:
>
> You should not be poking or peeking at the files inside slapd.d. You should be using "slapcat -n0" or "ldapsearch -b cn=config" to show the contents of the config database. As with other slapd databases, its structure and format are subject to change without notice at any time. The only thing guaranteed to remain compatible is the LDAP interfaces to the database.
>
> --
>  -- Howard Chu
>  CTO, Symas Corp.           http://www.symas.com
>  Director, Highland Sun     http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
>  Chief Architect, OpenLDAP  http://www.openldap.org/project/

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email: mark.cairney@ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.