Re: slapd : segmentation violation with Mingw/MSYS

Jean-François Berne wrote:
   Hello *
I need help from experienced users concerning openLDAP under Mingw : I
get a SIGSEGV upon slapd invocation.
Please take a look at what I did and tell what I do wrong. Perhaps
someone already had this problem.
The SIGSEGV is at the end.

2. result: you can spot SIGSEGV right at the beginning.

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2
[...] This GDB was configured as "mingw32".
[...] Reading symbols from
C:\MinGW\openldap-2.4.23\libexec/slapd.exe...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.

(gdb) start
Function "main" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) n
Starting program: C:\MinGW\openldap-2.4.23\libexec/slapd.exe
[New Thread 3572.0xbbc]

0x6086ec49 in msys-1!getuid () from C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\msys-1.0.dll
(gdb) quit

Looks like you built an MSYS binary, since you're crashing inside the msys DLL. That's not a good idea, you should be configuring gcc to build a pure Win32 binary instead.

--
  -- Howard Chu