CLI remotes write, php remotes can't

I'm trying to find leads on what else to look for with this problem.
Locally, I can create users, etc.
 From remote centos servers, I can create and read account info from command line.
However, from remotes using php-ldap, I cannot create users, only read.

I'm not sure what to provide for info just yet as there are too many variables but on the other hand, someone might immediately know what the answer is.

I suspect something to do with php-ldap, perhaps a config or something that's not allowing writes?