cleaning house on ldap server?

I've got a radius server up and running, and I want to clean up my configuration as much as possible. is it a safe assumption that if I remove a file (actually move it out of the way) and attempt to authenticate a client that if the client can successfully authenticate that everything is working? is it also safe to assume that any file with no uncommented lines is also safe to remove? I'm most interrested in removing the SQL directories and all the unused modules in the modules directory.