Re: Evolution Contacts Schema

On 01/12/2011 11:14 PM, Peter L. Berghold wrote:
Now the trouble I'm having (now that the schema is set) is when I
attempt to add an entry from Evolution I get "error: other" which
doesn't tell much.

> From the phpLDAPAdmin tool I get the error

Could not perform ldap_modify operation.
LDAP said:
Cannot modify object class
Error number:
0x45 (LDAP_NO_OBJECT_CLASS_MODS)
ObjectClass modifications are not
allowed.

This is not an error I've run across before. Is there an ACL I need to
tweak?
What you seem to be doing to your LDAP object is similar to replacing the foundation of your house. You're normally not allowed to change the structural object class of an object. This is a limitation in LDAP (not in OpenLDAP but every implementation), it's not an ACL issue. Some LDAP clients may offer ways to work around this but it looks like phpLDAPadmin does not.

You claim to be adding an object, but the error message indicates modification of an existing object rather than adding a new one. For further assistance I suggest giving more details.

I can't imagine I'm blazing uncharted territory...  somebody has had to
have gotten this to work before...

See for instance http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200504/msg00511.html - also see http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/883.html for some background.

--
Bjørn