Re: Problems importing ppolicy LDIF: LDAP_INVALID_SYNTAX

Chris Jacobs wrote:
That appears to be the point.

See: http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ppolicy&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-Release&format=html
... No results.

Sounds like the search index is out of date. Still, all you have to do is go here

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=(5)&sektion=&apropos=1&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-Release&title=Section

and the manpage is there:

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapo-ppolicy&sektion=5&apropos=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-Release

But better yet, just type "man 5 slapo-ppolicy" on your machine. Why people waste time searching the web when everything is on their local machine still boggles my mind.

Also look for the ppolicy in:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/schema.html#Distributed%20Schema%20Files
... It's not there.

The Admin Guide was never intended to be an exhaustive reference - it is after all only a "guide". Every software component is documented in manpages. The manpages should always be the first place you look, not the Guide, and not the web.

Where did you get the schema and the libraries necessary?

FWIW: the password policy and MUCH more reliable syncing between servers is why we upgraded in my shop (turned off the old 2.3 master last week after finally overcoming last hurdles: solaris and use by other custom systems.)

- chris

Chris Jacobs, Systems Administrator
Apollo Group  |  Apollo Marketing | Aptimus
2001 6th Ave Ste 3200 | Seattle, WA 98121
phone: 206.839-8245 | cell: 206.601.3256 | Fax: 208.441.9661
email:  chris.jacobs@apollogrp.edu