Re: dynlist overlay searching in a different server

Angel L. Mateo wrote:
Hello,

	I have two different LDAP servers containing different information
about my users. In one of them, I'm trying to configure dynlist overlay
to dinamically add attributes for users, so I have configured dynlist.
I'm using the labeledURI attribute with a value like this:

labeledURI:
ldap://<the_other_server>:389/dc=usuarios,dc=mydomain,dc=com?irisClassifCode,sn1,givenName?one?(irisPersonalUniqueID=<userID>)

	Whenever I look for a user I get the error:

Jan 10 13:07:07 canis12 slapd[12689]: dynlist_prepare_entry("<userDN>"):
illegal URI
"ldap://<the_other_server>:389/dc=usuarios,dc=mydomain,dc=com?irisClassifCode,sn1,givenName?one?(irisPersonalUniqueID=<userID>)"

	If I remove the server part of the URI, like:

labeledURI:
ldap:///dc=usuarios,dc=mydomain,dc=com?irisClassifCode,sn1,givenName?one?(irisPersonalUniqueID=<userID>)

	but, obviously, I'm not getting the additional attributes (because this
LDAP directory doesn't have them).

	What am I doing wrong? Could I use a LDAP URI directed to another LDAP
server?

Read the slapo-dynlist(5) manpage. It says quite clearly:

	      The optional URI restricts expansion only  to  entries  matching
              the DN, the scope and the filter portions of the URI.

Nothing else in the URI is valid.

--
  -- Howard Chu