Re: viewing cn=config

Quoting "E.S. Rosenberg" <esr+openldap@g.jct.ac.il>:

How do I get to see the contents of cn=config?

There are two main methods that I know of and for both you have to be logged in as root. First:

  ~# slapcat -b cn=config

Slapd does not even have to be running. This command will dump the entire configuration, but you can also filter its output:

  ~# slapcat -b cn=config -a cn=config

This will show only the root object. However:

  ~# slapcat -b cn=config -a "(|(cn=config)(olcDatabase={1}hdb))"

This will show both the root object and the hdb database definition.

Second method:

  ~# ldapsearch -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b cn=config

Again, you can also filter the output:

  ~# ldapsearch -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b cn=config cn=config

  ~# ldapsearch -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b cn=config \
     "(|(cn=config)(olcDatabase={1}hdb))"

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Jaap