Re: Index for objectclass does not work...

--On Monday, January 03, 2011 9:46 PM +0100 Steeg Carson <steeg.carson@googlemail.com> wrote:

2011/1/3 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>:
--On Monday, January 03, 2011 9:22 PM +0100 Steeg Carson
<steeg.carson@googlemail.com> wrote:

I also used strace to catch the problem, but i did not find where the
slapd write to disk. It seems, it comes via set up the futex write
locks?  I'm not a kernel programmer and the code from openldap is hard
to read. But strace I use for several years to find errors, it was
also the first choice for me, to find the error. It is not a normal
file that will be written...

The DB is always read off disk into the BDB backing cache the very first
time slapd is run (assuming back-bdb or back-hdb are your backends).  I
don't see any bug/issue here.

But does the slapd process during this time _write_ (heavy the whole
time) to the disk?

Did you configure you BDB backing cache to be in memory, or on disk? The default is for it to be on the disk. If you want it to be in memory, set an shm_key value in the database configuration.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.