Re: Problem starting ldap 2.4

I found it was a permissions problem. I changed ownership of /etc/openldap2.4 directory (and contents) to ldap:ldap and it now the service starts and works fine.

However, I still get this message:

   # service ldap2.4 start
   ' for reading (No such file or directory)f FNR=196) fatal: cannot
   open file `/etc/openldap2.4/schema/core.schema
   chown: cannot access `/var/lib/ldap2.4\r': No such file or directory
   Starting slapd (ldap + ldaps):                             [  OK  ]

Nothing is recorded in the logs and things are working fine, but why does this error occur?

Thanks,
Nick

I think I have done all necessary configuration, but when I try to start, I get a strange error:

   # service ldap2.4 start
   ' for reading (No such file or directory)f FNR=196) fatal: cannot
   open file `/etc/openldap2.4/schema/core.schema
   chown: cannot access `/var/lib/ldap2.4\r': No such file or directory
   Starting slapd (ldap + ldaps):                             [FAILED]