syncrep and memberof

Are there any known issues with these two overlays when used together? I'm curious what the suggested configuration would be in a single Provider + many Consumer setup. Should the memberof overlay be enabled on the consumer nodes or just the provider? I've noticed that when I add new users to the database, all users under that OU will be refreshed and at which time I lose the memberof attribute for SOME of the users, on only 1 or 2 of the consumer nodes. It seems like a bug, but I wonder if there is any way to get around this. I was thinking of trying delta-sync replication.