Re: Drives me crazy .. openLDAP 2.4 - migrate config from 2.3

Hey Victor,

thanks four your long helpful answer.

Yes, it is the Redhat provided openldap-servers-2.4.22-7.el6.i386,
because compiling from source (on RH 5!) did not work for me :-( (s.
other discussion)

For me I'd like to stay with the RH Packages, as compiling is not yet
part of my daily business ;-) But things may change....

Before I started to try your suggestions, I restarted my testsystem and
'just' launched

slaptest -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d

and adjusted the file permissions.

And voila, my slapd config is build and the server starts without errors.

All I did was restarting the system, no change to the config.

So something had a hick-up.

	Regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt