From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: [** ISO-8859-15 charset **] Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator <goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de>
Cc: Robert Heller <heller@deepsoft.com>; openldap-technical@openldap.org <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Mon Nov 29 05:40:01 2010
Subject: Re: how to compile recent openldap on Centos 5.5

At Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:33:55 +0100 [** ISO-8859-15 charset **] Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator <goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de> wrote:

> Am 23.11.10 15:05, schrieb Aaron Richton:
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator wrote:
> >
> >> I tried to compile the Release 2.4.23  of openldap on my centos 5.5
> >> server.
> > [...]
> >> configure: error: BerkeleyDB version incompatible with BDB/HDB backends
> > [...]
> >> db4-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2
> > [...]
> >> What may I do wrong? Any sugesstions?
> >
> > RHEL/CentOS db4-4.3 has proven unreliable for use with OpenLDAP
> > Software. You will have to use a version of BerkeleyDB that is not
> > provided by those vendors. One option is of course to roll your own
> > packages. However, many RHEL/CentOS users on the list base off of Buchan
> > Milne's RPMs. There is some (occasionally hard-learned) institutional
> > knowledge in his build process that you would likely benefit from. You
> > can find references/links to these in the
> > openldap-technical/openldap-software list archives.
>
> Thanks for your comment. It looks indeed somehow difficult to get an
> current version installed. I'll continue trying to find a solution.
>
> Thanks and regards . Götz

There are 'recent' openldap and BerkeleyDB rpms for RHEL 5 on the Ldap
Toolbox project web site:

http://tools.ltb-project.org/projects/ltb/files?sort=created_on%3Adesc%2Cfilename

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller@deepsoft.com

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.